To work as a teacher first and foremost you will need a desire to work with children and people in general, and good training.
Looking for school jobs in Hillingdon? Visit Schools HR Cooperative to find a teaching job.
According to what you want to become a teacher will depend on the age of children and young people who will train. If you want to be a primary school teacher will need to have knowledge in all subjects, but if you want to teach adolescents will need more knowledge in certain subjects. In all cases you will need to have QTS - Qualified Teaching Status, to be eligible to teach.
When you apply for a job in a school, do not forget to mention other skills you possess (understanding of music, playing the piano, expertise in information technology, etc.) in addition to qualifications, to have a chance of getting work.
Pros and cons of being a teacherLet's talk first about advantages and disadvantages of being a teacher. Some people criticized the profession, while for others it is upscale, but the fact is that like any other, and this has its pros and cons.
- You have plenty of time to rest - 12 weeks a year;
- Relatively short time;
- You can always find a job easily.
- Sometimes you may be under a lot of stress;
- You will need to work overtime and to plan lessons, parent meetings, etc.
- You'll need to debug documents and view notebooks, notebooks, and more control.
Requirements needed to be a teacher in the UKThe main requirements are to have at least three GCSE in maths, English and a science subject, taken with a minimum rating "C". Yet, these are the basics and perhaps you may need to have some more GCSE depending on what you want to teach and what course or college you wish to enroll.
You need A-Level, should be at least 2, taken with good grades, which again depends on what you want to teach and where.
To become a teacher you will need a diploma of higher education, in which case you have 2 options:
- If you want to teach right after that, you can spend an academic degree "Bachelor of Education" or briefly BEd. To do this you will need 3 to 4 years of training, as it is turned on and practical so that you will be able to get a little experience.
- The second option will be useful if you have a degree in something that now you have decided that you want to teach. In this case you have to spend a course called "Postgraduate Certification of Education" or PGCE. This course lasts one year and is designed to learn how to teach.
Once you have the necessary qualifications to be a teacher in London or the UK, you must obtain QTS and then you can apply for a job that is suitable for new teachers (NQT - New Qualified Teachers).
After teaching one year or 3 school terms, you can work anywhere as a teacher. In the UK there are over 440,000 teachers.
Payment Teacher salary is between 24,000-28,000 GBP per year.